Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dishwasher (RRRRR!!)

That's me growling at our dishwasher in the title of this post. Call me crazy, but I don't think dishwashers are an aesthetical necessity in a kitchen, so when I see one, I assume that it's there to be used and that it works!! Every time I use the dishwasher, I have to make sure that there isn't so much as a wayward crumb on each item, or it's not getting clean. I now treat the dishwasher as a soap rinse for the dishes, and the last 3 apartments I've lived in now (since I lived with my parents who had a WORKING dishwasher) had dishwashers that were apparently there only for looks! I'm so sick of it! I would rather have a dishrack and no dishwasher than a nonworking dishwasher!!! Arghh!!!! I nearly cried over it last night. Over a dishwasher. Granted, there are other things going on to upset me, but I AM SO SICK OF LIVING HERE, with the ambulances and shit that doesn't work!!! I had nearly forgotten what it was like to have a working dishwasher, so when Wenwen (aka Vivian in some circles) visited me and tried to be nice and do dishes, and she didn't rinse off every last crumb, at first I found it a little strange. Then I remembered. It's not Wenwen who is strange, it's OUR NON-WORKING DISHWASHER!!!!! GRRRR!

Now I've vented and am over it. One more week. Oh, I've shipped my car, which should be arriving the week of March 16th, shipped what I want to keep, clothes aside, bought a huge new suitcase, and booked my plane ticket for the 12th. Yay! I hope all of my clothes fit in my suitcases, because I don't want to get rid of anything else. I've given away and thrown away so much already, and I don't want to part with anything else. Every day I eliminate one more object from the mass of things I plan to take with me on the plane. Moving is no good. Right now I'm reading the driest book about the biotech industry. I'm sort of treating it like homework for the interviews I'll go on and to gain some more knowledge of the business I'll be working in, but man is it boring. I have a habit of going to bookstores and buying like 3 books at a time because I can't decide on just one, and now I'm trying to read all of the books I have bought but not read. I need to get a library card instead of buying books when I get to Boston. That would be a lot more sensical. And I want to volunteer at an animal shelter on the weekends, and of course buy a cat. I am a little stumped on what I'll buy for groceries besides fruit and soup. I'm very used to cooking for two. I really don't even know how to cook for one. Maybe I'll just buy frozen meals for dinner? I bought my own car insurance yesterday, and shipped some music books and random school stuff/old letters from friends out today. I only have a couple more things left to do before moving, like getting directions everywhere I need to go once I'm on the mainland (ahhh, the mainland, where they don't talk like fools) and getting my mail forwarded.

No comments: